The Electronic CAD laboratory has one SUN Sparc20 station,
two SUN Sparc5 stations, two SUN Sparc4 stations and five
Sun Ultra 5/270 workstations with more than 190 Gigabytes
of storage capacity on which MentorGraphics™ V. EN2002 Electronic
Design Automation Software resides.
In addition, Spice3F5, HSPICE, and Magic 7.1 packages for
computer aided design of VLSI circuits are available. Two
Dell Workstations (donated by Intel), one pentium4 PC and
one Pentium PC (on which LABView software and DAQ cards
are used for testing digital circuits) are available as
Macintosh Quadra 900, one Performa 5400, two G3 processor
PowerPC and one G4 server with MACOS X are also available
for the DesignWorksTM CAD, UNCLE, MATLAB v5.1, CodeWarrior
IDE 3 packages.
IMAC is reserved for presentation purposes. A high performance
A0 size multi-pen plotter is connected to the computers
as well as two laser printers.
The following equipments and services are available for
7 Sun Ultra 5, 270 MHz workstations
• 5 Sun Sparkstation workstations
• 2 1.5Ghz, Sun Blade 1500 workstations
• 1 1.6Ghz, Sun Utra 45 workstation
• 4 PC with different configurations
• 2 Macintosh
• Various digital and analog test equipment
• 2 FPGA development kit and ALTERA design environment.
• MentorGraphics design suite (Full package).
• Synopsys Hspice, Cosmos, Saber analog, RF and mixed-signal
CMP and EUROPRACTICE subscriptions for IC fabrication.